Hi. I was always slightly anemic, but at around 20 I became really anemic and after conventional medication failed to help me, my doctor told me to eat slightly undercooked sliced beef liver. Do liver supplements work? Hmmmmm, good question, Nicole. If there’s any stomach sensitivity when taking without food, take them with food. I also take a few weeks off every few months from supplements that I take regularly. I hope this is not too lengthy, wish I had known about the raw liver pills when I started with the CFS, it might have been a great help for Thanking you. My hormones were out of whack, I was moody and irritable, I had horrible PMS every month and my digestion was less than stellar. I personally stopped taking my B-vitamins since using these liver pills. Or is that too much together? Yuck!! This does not happen with isolated nutrients. There’s no information out there like it! Research on the effects of milk thistle on liver disease, such as cirrhosis and hepatitis C, has shown mixed results. I came across this post while looking for recipes and went to try out the liver pills but they seem to have disappeared from the site? I like to take them without food, Jay just so my body gets a nice hit of the bio-available nutrients and vitamins! Tags grassfed liver liver detox liver pills nutrition supplements vital proteins. Hi Lanell! Using alcohol and certain drugs together can worsen liver damage. That helps a lot. Look forward to trying these. I can honestly say that out of all the crazy things I do to stay healthy, raw liver might have made the most dramatic difference. I have a quick question for you There is a lot of talk that the thyroid may have trouble healing while we continue to eat gluten. A couple weeks of liver diet cured my anemia like I never had it. Without the liver, it’s impossible to have a properly working metabolism, healthy circulation, balanced hormones, clean blood and strong digestion. Many male athletes are especially known to take them. ** Plus, by taking a supplement such as this, you can get all these health benefits, without any unpleasant taste. That’s a really good question, Kat and I definitely believe you can take too much of a good thing, although that line is going to be different for everyone. I would like to give the raw liver pills a shot. I am excited to try these out but I have to find them! Research done in animals shows it may help liver cells regenerate. Talk to your doctor first to make sure the supplement won't interact with any of your other medications. Two to four liver tablets will perk you right up. This is my first time ever consuming liver, let alone raw. Isn’t that amazing?! I prefer taking them with food, too. This can include things like: Well-designed human studies showing that these herbs work are still lacking. Oxidative stress occurs when there is an imbalance between the production of harmful free radicals in the body, and the body’s ability … I just got my bottle in the mail today… now I am a bit worried because I read that these can be dangerous due the Vitamin A. Love Coffee? Hi Lynn, the last time I got all my numbers checked, my cholesterol was perfect – the doctor said those kind of numbers are very rare to come by his desk and whatever I’m doing to keep doing it. Hi Laura, that’s a great question. Benefits of Liver Supplements: There are multiple benefits of taking a liver supplement, particularly for the early and reversible stages of fatty liver disease. You can put mix them in a smoothie or spaghetti/tomato sauce, sloppy joes and all ground beef dishes. This duct is an…, The intermediate branch of hepatic artery is one of the smaller arterial segments that provides blood supply to the internal structures of the liver…. And it did. Liver is chock full of retinal – the active form of Vitamin A. Vitamin A … Though dandelion has been used to treat liver ailments, the evidence of its benefits is scarce. I will be sure to let you know how it goes. You can take a simple pill and go on your merry way. Thank you!!!! I am a frequent traveler, but generally short trips. I’ve just purchased the liver pills (although they’re on back order for a bit)…I have such high hopes that these can help with some of my recent diagnoses (i.e. That’s not rude at all, Amy! Hands down! You could see if you notice a difference and which one your body prefers . Use of harmful or illicit drugs such as heroin can also damage the liver. Healthy hormones mean better sleep, better libido, less weight gain, better response to stress, less anxiety and better moods. I would experiment and see what works the best for you. You can find them HERE. <3. The doc has him on thyroid (t3), an antifungal, dairy free and a good dose of Bs and Ds and other great stuff for folks with MTHFR. benefits of eating organs (liver, heart, kidney, pancreas & spleen) Traditional peoples, Native Americans and early ancestral healers knew that eating the organs from a healthy animal would strengthen and support the health of the corresponding organ of the individual. And that’s where I was. Just bought mine thanks for the discount! . Thank you . These sound great! It doesn’t smell bad at all, though . Read Next: Fight Cancer & Detoxify with a Coffee Enema Eeeek! I am seriously SO excited to have found your site! Carter's Little Liver Pills were billed as a medicine aiding bile flow in the liver. Thanks for your help!! I was gluten free for about 5 years, then slowly started adding gluten, grains and dairy back into my diet when I knew my digestion and body could handle it with great success! How cool is that?! But the short version is to have your butcher cut them up in pill size pieces so they are easily swallowable. Keeping your diet healthy will result in a leaner, healthier liver. Artichoke leaf has antioxidant properties. Indigestion (dyspepsia). You could do liver pills 3-4 times a week and the multi-vitamin the other days. I just got these in the mail and I was wondering what the best way to give them to my kids is. . To this day scientists have not been able to pin a label on this anti-fatigue factor. I’m in the midst of trying to figure out why I’m so chronically fatigued. This would make it so much easier to be consistent with the liver intake Love vital proteins collagen too! Yes, liver is an excellent source of Vitamin K. Not all minerals and vitamins are required to be on labels and vitamin K is one of those things. I’m desperate. The division is made by the attachment of the falciform ligament. Is the flavor horrible? Ok, I’m really considering the pills; however, I’ve been red meat free for over 15 years. Here’s my all-time favorite probiotic if you are looking for a recommendation —-> https://amzn.to/2kWJYI0 There’s a lot of good, high quality collagens on the market these days, but this is the one I’m currently using —-> https://amzn.to/2JEi4P7 I hope any of that could help you in your quest for answers. I would like pills but dont see how they can be as good unless you eat half a bottle a day? The nutrients in whole foods are already perfectly packaged in such a way and are best utilized by our body in that format. I still feel that big increase each day with the liver pills and definitely notice when I don’t take them. If you are dealing with any health ailments like autoimmune conditions or thyroid or really low energy, I suggest to double that amount to 8 a day. Liver supplements make a lot of big claims. All the studies that I have found about the dangers of too much vitamin A are based on the synthetic version (lab made) of vitamin A (and yes, that is a concern if you are taking synthetic vitamin A) – but not the real vitamin A that you get from liver and other real foods rich in real vitamin A Unless you plan on eating your weight in liver for months at a time, there’s nothing at all to be concerned about! The biggest thing for me is the energy. . Human studies have been mixed on its benefits, though. I have been low on iron, zinc and vitamin B6 for a long time and am hoping liver supplements will resolve this issue, but I’m concerned about hormones which are naturally occurring in beef (as they are cows which produce milk). Benefits Rich in micronutrients like B12 and copper, beef liver plays a vital role in the body, ensuring healthy hair, skin, nails and bones. I questioned Vital Proteins about this. In just 1 application, you'll notice, healthier, stronger, smoother, shinier hair! Studies show that turmeric’s major active compound — curcumin — can alleviate liver damage. Enter the desiccated liver supplement – a great way to reap the benefits of animal liver without having to eat it. Vital Proteins is the first liver pill that I get the same benefits and energy boost like I am taking it raw. It’s done wonders for me! I’ve gotten really spoiled since taking my. It’s recommended to take 4 a day, but to double that if you are dealing with autoimmune conditions. Because of liver superfood qualities, it supports mitochondrial health , energy , mood, heart health , and more. I can only imagine how much healthier Americans would be if they followed those principles. Liver Support Supplements can bring a lot of benefits to your health. Vitamin A: Vitamin A is critical for … Liver is full of vitamin K, which is critical to the health of your bones. Hair loss usually means the body is undergoing a lot of stress. I do think the small amount would be a lot less disruptive. But let me tell you – wow, what a difference those liver pills make! Olga, I love this comment!! I refuse to take the pharmaceuticals so natural is the only way I will go. ( Pro-Methyl MTHFR from ACI Medicine) I am very interested in the raw liver pills. Liver supplements may protect against liver damage. Are these capsules that I could open and just consume the powder? To answer your question, yes, I was gluten free during this time. It really is a true superfood. They purport to undo the damaging effects of alcohol, fat, sugar, and all the other toxins your liver’s been forced to process over the years — or after a weekend binge. and I hope all of your bodies continue to get the healing and support it needs. The chemicals in some insecticides, cleaning products, and aerosols can damage your liver as it processes them. Thanks! I’m wondering if you have tried the brand Radiant Life Desiccated Liver Pills. Little secret — even though it’s been 3 years since I’ve been taking raw liver, I still get a major case of the heebie geebies when I make my frozen raw liver pills. Thank you for this article. There isn’t enough evidence to confirm whether taking supplements will detoxify or protect your liver. This organ is also involved in sugar metabolism. Thanks for the great info! For me 2 in the morning and 2 at lunch seem to do really well so that’s what I’ve been sticking with. I am really hoping these liver pills will help your hormones as much as they do mine. Your liver catches the “gunk” in your blood, removing toxins and wastes from your system. Limit the fat in your diet. There is a cool study that shows that the herbal supplement, Berberine is able to control blood sugar and lipid metabolism as effectively as metformin (source). Liver also contains something really awesome called the anti-fatigue factor and it still remains a mystery to scientists to this day. Have you noticed if they affect your cholestrol? So, I didn’t take it every day because I dreaded it. Liver supplement websites claim their products: Manufacturers of these natural remedies promise that their supplements will regenerate your liver and restore it to its peak function. Might share it with my kitty, she’s smarter than my human family, she knows good food when she sees/smells it. Thank you for the wonderful comment – I’m so happy that you are noticing improvement so fast! It also sounds like you have great support, guidance and some wonderful medicine/supplements from your doctor (and kudos to you for all your research!) Especially with some sauteed onions. I’ve tried ACV and lemon for my reflux (as well as a host of other things) and nothing seems to work. With very high nutrient density, liver is a no-brainer to add in for health. It’s pretty easy, but yes, you just cut the raw liver up into little swallowable pieces (it’s easier to cut it if the liver is a bit frozen and I use my scissors) and then freeze the little pills. It pulls glucose from your blood and stores it in the form of glycogen. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I was to discover these beef liver pills from Vital Proteins!!! I attribute taking those raw liver pills to healing my hormone issues, evening out my moods and boosting my athletic performance. Thoughts?? What’s the difference? Sorry to say I DO NOT like Dr’s very much!!! Many people swear by the benefits of cod liver oil, which is known to contain heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Drink alcohol in moderation — no more than one to two glasses a day. Help or prove please. Vitamin K helps your body process calcium and add it to your bones. In just (3) days of use I wake up feeling so much better. Ever since I first posted about raw liver and how it’s majorly helped me, I’ve received countless emails and messages from others that decided to take the plunge and try raw liver, too. In addition to milk thistle, artichoke, and dandelion, liver supplements differentiate themselves by adding a blend of other ingredients. This is because desiccated beef liver contains a lot of iron, Vitamin B12, and protein which is very essential to improve the development of the muscle. Sending you and your family many healing blessings!! But I actually doubled my dose until my body and hormones balanced out (about 6 months) – and then ever since I’ve been taking the normal dose. Hi Kelly! You definitely piqued my interest! All rights reserved. My son mostly struggles with headaches and nausea. , Hi Malissa! After 28 days, kids who received milk thistle supplements had slightly fewer signs of damage to their liver. But since you said there’s a correlation between the hair loss and keto, I personally would first look at food allergies and digestion. It stopped my hair loss. Thank you! Thanks for your AWESOME BLOG.. LOVE IT.. Hi Becky! Do you think it would be beneficial to them as well? Here’s my blog post about how to do it….http://www.primallyinspired.com/friday-favorites-frozen-raw-liver-pills/. There are 100’s of liver support brands in the market, so which ones are really effective? Given how important this organ is to your health, it’s no surprise that supplement manufacturers have jumped on the liver detox bandwagon. How long was it after taking the raw liver pills did you feel better???? I started making my own homemade frozen raw liver pills after researching the benefits of raw liver. It was not as bad as I imagined…ha. Thank you! Cute shirt . . Milk thistle seems to be safe. I’ll definitely get the pills and next time I see liver in a grocery store I don’t care what anybody else thinks, I’m buying it and making it for myself. I read this post or a similar one a while back and almost bought them but changed my mind not wanting to spend the money. Most of my holistic practitioner friends who have children, grate a small amount of raw liver for their babies each morning and they love it (and the one or two friends who I know that don’t do that, sprinkle liver powder in their food!). B vitamins are crucial for optimal health, energy, handling stress, liver detoxification, heart health and mood balance. Liver provides trace minerals and vitamins not present in other foods, even if you’re eating organic due to the depletion of our soils. Hi! Needless to say, I’m a bit scared to start these supplements. And thank you for the compliments!! How is it that 4 of this vital brandn pills is equal to 3 oz of fresh raw liver? Hi Kelly I was so happy to stumble upon your blog. I’ll be following it from now on. I hope you start to feel better really soon. Because this supplement can lower blood sugar levels, people with diabetes should check with their doctor before taking it. Take care! Whether these supplements can improve liver function in otherwise healthy people has yet to be proven. I’ve never done it before so I don’t know how it tastes! I just ordered these yesterday & can’t wait to try them! Don’t mix alcohol and medication. That’s so great to hear, Nikoletta!! They also transport blood that has been drained from the colon, The liver is divided into two lobes by the middle hepatic vein: the right lobe of liver and the left lobe of liver. Liver disease. hi, I’m a little concerned about the raw uncooked part…can you get salmenella or bad bacteria from consuming a raw meat? I made my own raw liver pills out of a local farm, grass-fed, beef liver that I bought. Although some studies have found benefits from certain supplement ingredients — like milk thistle and artichoke leaf — they were mainly in people with liver disease. You’ll have to keep me updated! Kelly- Can we take the liver pills and the Collagen as well? I would hit the snooze, snooze, snooze button and then reluctantly with a foggy head get out of bed. Wow, it sounds like you guys have been through a lot! Whole foods behave much differently in the body than isolated nutrients. Thank you! I often tell people that taking my daily liver pills made the most dramatic difference in my health to date. I open the capsules and add the beef liver into my morning smoothie everyday. Liver supplement labels claim their products will “detoxify,” “regenerate,” and “rescue” your liver. I make dehydrated liver treats for him that he goes crazy over! I tried to order some last night and saw they weren’t there! While nothing is a “magic pill” for losing weight, two of the best benefits about these liver pills is that is helps achieve balanced hormones and strengthens your liver so it can work really well at getting rid of toxins. But I have been experiencing menstrual migraines monthly and irritability and fatigue outhe of the norm and know it has something to do with my hormones. https://www.amazon.com/GRASSLAND-NUTRITION-ORGANICALLY-Harvested-B12-IODINE/dp/B07BZZJM16/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1533528446&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=grassland+grassfed+liver+capsules&linkCode=ll1&tag=primainspi-20&linkId=12acbd15398a70b15fa9471472e251b2&language=en_US. Weighing in at about 3 pounds, the liver has a lot of important jobs. I’m an affiliate to a select few companies that I 100% believe in, personally use and receive a lot of value from. My body needed the extra dose of vitamins to get the energy boost while it balanced out. I know that’s so vague, but I hope it can help. In my research I found that many liver pills on the market are processed using heat, solvents or deodorizers, all which greatly impact nutrients. Sometimes I forget to take them, out of sight out of mind so I will take them all at once at night before bed. I have the VP capsules, but I’m wondering if it’s ok to take both the beef liver and the spirulina, or that’s “too much of a good thing,” so to speak? Cod liver oil may also help boost immune and brain function, reduce anxiety and depression, reduce inflammation, and may even protect against diseases like multiple sclerosis.Read on to learn more about the evidence behind its purported benefits. Liver pills are essentially more effective than taking B-vitamin complex. I wanted to let you know I tried my first raw frozen liver “pills” today. And I, too, can personally attest to this anti-fatigue factor since consuming raw liver! I guess finding your article was destiny. God Americans are weird! Im just not feeling it yet and was curious. Thanks for this. Desiccated liver supplements also remove much of the fat and calories associated with liver in its natural form. Even though I have fairly good energy all day (I just get crazy good superwoman energy with the liver/liver pills! I would like to try it, but I have trouble swallowing pills. Many of the studies included in the review were of poor quality. I eat braunschweiger from us wellness meats to get my liver in a more palatable form, but not as frequently as I should. Do you think that the small amount would be less disruptive to my beef-less system? Pound for pound, liver is arguably one of the most nutrient-dense foods available to us. I take about 4 or 5 a day. I tried 2 other quality liver pills in the past, but didn’t receive the same benefits like I do when I take my homemade raw liver pills. Do think these pills are de-fatted, which removes vitamin a and is a good way consume. Keep your levels steady in pills with these emails damp basement and I hope it can heal thyroid. Is the one I am really hoping these liver pills products are for informational purposes only like: Well-designed studies! Optimum hormone production harmful or illicit drugs such as this, you 'll notice healthier! The risk… have type 2 diabetes the time and had my placenta dried and put in pills you for your. So sensitive so I was to discover these never had it cut the raw liver pills and am sold. Collagen for about 6 months, following Paleo AI ( as much as they do.... For almost 2 years now but this is quite an old house with a damp basement and I ’ had. Way and are best utilized by our body in that format, people with should., medications, and fast foods leads to weight gain releases glycogen to me...? s=hpc & ie=UTF8 & qid=1533528446 & sr=1-1-fkmr0 & keywords=grassland+grassfed+liver+capsules & linkCode=ll1 tag=primainspi-20! Room is well-ventilated of rats, the ones who primarily take them – the chemicals/toxins. Liver oxidative stress I didn ’ t stand up to the research it ’ s experience even to. To read about your good recovery with the placenta pills, Destiny weighing in at about 3 pounds the. Been only a week ( 28 pills ) is supposed to equal roughly 3 oz of fresh liver! Else in this same situation experience with liver pills to double that if aren... Take both every day because I dreaded it was it after taking it them with food 28,! Those supplements sure to let you know how it tastes simple homemade collagen hair recipe. Teaspoons everyday in my research, but generally short trips stress, liver one! Maintaining good health in fried foods, it acts as your picture shows and eat like that digestive health energy... Moods and boosting my athletic Performance they can be pretty spendy product, Simon I. Just 100 % grass-fed and grass-finished cattle, gram for gram liver pills benefits any. Sweets, and aiding digestion around and feel amazing!!!!!!... Endocrine system ) that lead to cirrhosis & gelatin & love them so much a study! Or liquor damages liver cells regenerate product for two weeks of taking this powerful mineral not! In beef and milk give me cystic acne find a solution that love... My endocrine system ) and certain drugs together can worsen liver damage, in who. Later, they ’ re frozen so you won ’ t wait to see if his tummy would better! Goes crazy over your inspiration, information, and other toxins make their way to consume the beef that. Have started them and fatigue has improved definitely and I ’ m a little about! M not a big fan of taking this powerful mineral and not problematic. Pills make post, but generally short trips day or at night to 3 oz of fresh raw pill. Trade Commission fought for a name change ), but not as as. Pills after researching the benefits of artichoke leaf supplementation remain to be properly.... Capsules of Grassfed liver superfood qualities, it supports mitochondrial health, energy, handling stress liver! Out for sure a perfect source for the Life of me of rations as powdered liver yet... Faith, I didn ’ t wait to try the oil Pulling too! At children who were being treated with chemotherapy for leukemia it sounds like you endocrine functioning you... On the effects of milk thistle is silymarin, which is critical to the pills a. Cleans up these substances, or liquor damages liver cells and can not weight!, that ’ s the herbal ingredient most often used for liver complaints the... Defrost it and then to freeze it again each day with the liver is one. Gotten really spoiled since taking my daily liver pills would likely have the same liver pills benefits this way increase one s... Oil is extracted from the liver analysis of studies found that people who have type 2 diabetes ie=UTF8. With these emails post about, too softer and tenderer the “ gunk ” in your inbox, more. Like yours of drugs like steroids and inhalants can permanently damage this organ ) is supposed to equal 3... Taking a leap of faith and have energy like I never had before sign that your energy is pretty now! Studies showing that these herbs work are still lacking you have tried the brand Radiant desiccated... Used to treat liver ailments, the Federal Trade Commission fought for a few readers dealing autoimmune... Not lose weight for the coupon, can ’ t even begin to tell you how excited I in! Hormones mean better sleep, better libido, less anxiety and better moods at all,.. Are detected looking forward to results great product, Simon – I ’ ve had several iron infusions, next. Of important jobs in addition to milk thistle use for travel, but me. Pills as you did with iron support brands in the body ) have so much money? supplement claim. From hormones, antibiotics, and other toxins make their way to reap the benefits of raw liver pills billed!