1881 – the first fleet brass band. As soon as you get to Ruse from Bucharest, you’ll immediately notice you’re in a different country. 91 were here. Like Russia, Bulgaria uses the Cyrillic script. So, if you intend to keep your day trip low-budget, I urge you to avoid this pricey mistake and inquire about the departure time of the last bus when you arrive in Giurgiu! 902 reviews. Never thought of visiting Ruse, but now it’s on my list! Currently, the country has a population of 7.4 million people which is predominantly urbanized. I'm personally for Ruse, Bulgaria, but Rousse also seems to be quite popular, especially among official sites of the city and its institutions, so I'm open to … Bulgaria, a country spanning an area of 110,994 square km in southeastern Europe, is bordered by Romania to the north, Turkey, and Greece to the south, and Macedonia and Serbia to the west. The development of the suffixed definite article, removal of case declension, lack of a verb infinitive, etc., are some of the changes visible in these two Slavic languages. The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Bulgarian dishes. Find Property for sale in Ruse, Ruse. While it’s very possible to travel around without being able to read, knowing the script will make your trip much, much easier. The museum is located in the recognizable old court building right by the old city plaza. Ruse (also transliterated as Rousse or Russe; Bulgarian: Русе) is a city on the south bank of the Danube river, in Central Northern Bulgaria.. Creator: Methodist Episcopal Church. . This day trip was a great appetizer. This is awesome. Awesome blog, We leave the Western Europe – but we have never explored the Eastern Europe yet. So many don’t! I also had to pay a small fee to cross the Ruse-Giurgiu Friendship Bridge connecting the two countries. Ruse (also transliterated as Rousse, Russe; Bulgarian: Русе), is the fifth largest city in Bulgaria.Ruse is in the northeastern part of the country, on the right bank of the Danube, opposite the Romanian city of Giurgiu, approximately 75 km (47 mi) south of Bucharest, Romania's capital, 200 km (124 mi) from the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast and 300 km (186 mi) from the capital Sofia. However, don’t worry too much about language issues. Exchange rates are subject to continuous change. While Romanian is classified as a Romance language (closely related to Italian, Spanish, etc. After arriving at the bus terminal in Giurgiu, I had to find a way to cross the border. Bulgaria Mission Conference Published/Created: Rustchuk (Ruse), Bulgaria Mission Press 1911 Digital Collection: Day Missions Annual Reports Само най-коравите русенци могат да се справят. Sign in. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. Dismiss. The Turkish language is spoken by the Turks residing in Bulgaria. Yes, Ruse is the proper transliteration, while Rousse is a leftover from some old French-influenced transliteration attempts (like Bourgas and Shoumen). 1881 – the first leather processing factory. Understand []. Present-day Ruse is the fifth largest Bulgarian city and is an important economic, financial and cultural hub. Get in []. Get email updates for new Blockchain Developer jobs in Ruse, Ruse, Bulgaria. Официален сайт на Русенски университет. And the best part is, all this is doable in only one day for less than $30 USD as a day trip out of Bucharest! The day shift at the lobby was little more twichy for my taste. Free parking. Millennia Rooms Ruse is located 1640 feet from the Technical University of Ruse, and the Ruse Mall Shopping Center is 0.6 mi away. Leaving Ruse, I again took a taxi to take me across the border so that I could take a bus back to Bucharest from there. Once we had crossed the bridge and entered Bulgaria, the driver dropped me off and I paid him a little extra to pay the bridge toll to return to Romania. Despite the similar names, you’ll still have to either exchange currency or withdraw money when you arrive in Ruse. French language courses are offered for beginner to advanced level students. 170,209), NE Bulgaria, on the Danube River bordering Romania.The chief river port of Bulgaria, it is also an industrial and communications center; a bridge spans the Danube to link Ruse with Giurgiu Giurgiu, city (1990 pop. Turkish is also spoken by the native Bulgarians whose ancestors converted to Islam during the Ottoman rule in the region. English is the second most common foreign language in Bulgaria. Our selection of Japanese language courses near Ruse give excellent results as well as ensuring that each student has an enjoyable learning experience. . Seems like an awesome day trip, I can especially appreciate the orthodox church. However, it won’t get you very far in Bulgaria. I had to wait almost an hour to find a taxi driver who wanted to take me across the border for about 40 lei. However, don’t worry too much about language issues. The second widely spoken minority language in Bulgaria is the Romani language. Русенска асоциация в помощ на обществото и младите хора Show Prices. Central Point Premium + offers accommodation in Ruse, 700 metres from Renaissance Park and 6 km from Danube Bridge. When visiting a country for one day only, it’s easy to believe that the rules are the same as where you’re coming from. As someone who’s never driven a car in her life before, however, I had to rely on public vans and taxis to get me to Ruse. *Converted price in your currency provided by Open Exchange Rates. Unfortunately, the method of getting to Ruse mentioned above is very tiring and troublesome and sometimes difficult to do if you don’t speak the local languages. Hard map на Русе. Yes! Get in []. Next, we had to wait another hour in the summer heat in line at the border crossing. This is a free English club run by a couple Americans. All my essential equipment was in my Airbnb in Bucharest so staying the night in Giurgiu was not an option. Ruse is located on the South bank of the Danube, across from the Romanian city of Giurgiu. *DISCLAIMER: This post contains affiliate links, meaning that from every purchase you make through this website, I’ll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.*. However, when I arrived in Giurgiu I learned that the last bus to Bucharest had already departed. Show Prices. I want to try the Bulgarian salad now! There is one university in Ruse – "Angel Kanchev" University of Ruse with a capacity of 15 000 students. #3 Best Value of 67 places to stay in Ruse. *Converted price in your currency provided by Open Exchange Rates. And best of all, Ruse is easily accessible from Bucharest by both public and private transportation and very budget-friendly (as long as you avoid the mistake I did, at least!). Free parking. Although its neo-baroque cityscape itself already makes Ruse worth seeing enough, your trip is not complete without a visit to the Sveta Troitsa Cathedral (English: ‘Holy Trinity Cathedral’). On 7 th November, 1866, the first Bulgarian railway Ruse-Varna was officially opened. But daytrippin to Bulgaria and back sounds also quite attractive! #RUSE #BULGARIA Ruse, Bulgaria. 35% of the country’s population claim to possess a workable knowledge of this language. This means that you’re required to present a valid ID when crossing the border. Present-day Ruse is the fifth largest Bulgarian city and is an important economic, financial and cultural hub. I never heard of this city before! I drove down to Mangalia from Constanta and then up to Tulcea to the Danube Delta. I recently developed the habit of always adding rose water to my basmati rice haha. If you’ve never spent some time trying to memorize this alphabet, you probably won’t understand any written texts in Bulgaria. KUND MALIR, THE BEAUTIFUL ️ About three hours drive from Karachi, Kund Malir Beach is one of Pakistan's most popular. A small bottle of Bulgarian rose perfume can be a perfect gift for your mom, best friend, or mother-in-law. Create job alert. You won’t merely cross a border but experience a neighboring country with its own unique quirks different from what you see in Romania. OZK Arena Ruse (Bulgarian: ОЗК Арена Русе) is an indoor arena located in Ruse, Bulgaria.It is one of the most modern venues in Southeastern Europe with a seating capacity of 5,100 spectators. Oooh Shopska Salata looks perfect for a summers day! This makes Ruse double as worthy of a visit. Founded in the 7th century, Bulgaria is one of the oldest states in Europe. The idea of getting to visit an entirely new country in only a day got me excited instantly. . 1881 – the first leather processing factory. 63 likes. Our selection of Japanese language courses near Ruse give excellent results as well as ensuring that each student has an enjoyable learning experience. The document must be in English either as a primary or secondary language. Teachers are qualified and experienced French speakers, and each lesson will be customised to suit your individual needs, enabling you to progress much more quickly than in the traditional classroom environment in Ruse. And as you can imagine, figuring out the van schedule in Romania without being proficient in the local language can be a little tough. ), Bulgarian is a Slavic language (closely related to Russian, Serbian, etc.). It’s my goal to save up and travel to Europe and I’m adding this to my list! See more ideas about ruse, bulgaria, foreign travel. Ruse boasts many other firsts: 1878 – Ruse becomes the first city in Bulgaria to have a city plan, made by the Russian military engineers Ozhio and Kopitkin. OZK Arena Ruse (Bulgarian: ОЗК Арена Русе) is an indoor arena located in Ruse, Bulgaria.It is one of the most modern venues in Southeastern Europe with a seating capacity of 5,100 spectators. There is also a subsidiary of the College of Agriculture – Plovdiv in the city. While for EU citizens, a government ID suffices, non-EU citizens must show their passports. se (ro͝o′sā) A city of northeast Bulgaria on the Danube River south of Bucharest, Romania. The Bulgarian and the Macedonian language possess several features that set them apart from other Slavic languages. Forgot password? For example, the multilingual extracts from civil status records aka Form A, Form B, or Form C. Why Choose My Lessons in Bulgarian And like most Orthodox Christian churches, the Sveta Troitsa Cathedral also has an impressive iconostasis completely made out of wood. It is the most significant Bulgarian river port, serving an important part of the international trade of the country. Bulgarians are extremely friendly and always eager to help. By Oishimaya Sen Nag on July 23 2019 in Society. Read more: Constanța, Romania: The Ultimate Guide For Solo Female Travelers. Missed the last bus? These small monasteries are completely hewn out of rocks and officially recognized as UNESCO world heritage. The Centre for Continuing Education at the University of Ruse offers a 60 hours beginner intensive course in the Bulgarian language, starting in the beginning of each semester. First, I looked for buses leaving from Bucharest to Giurgiu, the border town on the Romanian side, in the morning. I’m glad this was helpful! Language. See Synonyms at wile. I’m glad this was inspiring to you. Located just across the border along the Danube River, Ruse is the first Bulgarian city you’ll pass through after crossing the Ruse-Giurgiu Friendship Bridge. And since the salad itself is very light, it gives you more room to try other popular Bulgarian dishes, such as kebapche, tarator, and banitsa. The only National Museum of Transport in Bulgaria is situated in Ruse, which is housed in the building of the first railway station in Bulgaria. Discuss this ruse English translation with the community: 0 Comments. Save time applying to future jobs. While Romanian and Bulgarian cuisine share a lot of similarities, there are some uniquely Bulgarian dishes that you must try when in Ruse. The Japanese courses in Ruse are a fast and enjoyable way to learn your new language, however we don't have available course now but we can show you nearby schools. Notify me of new comments via email. From perfume, to skincare products, to cooking ingredients, you’ll find anything derived from roses. Bulgarian, an Indo-European language is the official language of Bulgaria and is spoken by a majority of the country’s population. It’s impossible to capture the beauty of this place in words, so let the photos speak for themselves: If you want to learn more about the history of the region, I also recommend you to visit the Regional Historical Museum of Ruse. The fruit I'm holding in my hands has many names in different languages. If you know some Romanian, that’s great! You can find a number of souvenir shops near the cathedral. Wishing you all the best for visiting Romania and Bulgaria! Ruse (ro͝o`sĕ), city (1993 pop. So if your busy schedule allows for nothing more than a day trip, you should make sure to make the most out of this one day! Before the creation of the Bulgarian state, the empires of ancient Rome, Greece, and Byzantium were strong presences there. You get to see a beautiful city and experience a completely different culture right across the border. Eventually, I ended up taking an hourly bus from Eroii Revolutiei bus terminal to Giurgiu for about 20 lei (~$5 USD). They are located abot 20 km south of Ruse and easily reachable by taxi. ruse (ro͞oz, ro͞os) n. A crafty stratagem; a subterfuge. It’s a unique country full of cultural treasures that’s worth spending weeks in. I live how colourful the churches are – I have never seen anything quite like that. All maps, graphics, flags, photos and original descriptions © 2020 worldatlas.com. They also continued to arrive during the five centuries of Ottoman occupation of the region. Bulgaria’s principal river port and a transportation hub for road and rail, Ruse has regular shipping services on the Danube and an airport. And in case you have some time left, pay a visit to the Rock-hewn Churches of Ivanovo! I realize you only had a quick taste of Bulgaria…but did this make you want to explore the country more? The day shift at the lobby was little more twichy for my taste. Therefore, I strongly recommend going by bus if you can. The Turks arrived in the region from Anatolia during the 14th and early 15th century when the Ottomans conquered the Balkans. So cool! These migrants arrived in Bulgaria from Northern India via the Bosporus and Dardanelles towards the end of the 13th century. The cathedral is beautiful. You can find all these dishes in the restaurants by the plaza in the old city center. Similar to the language issue, there’s also a script issue. Thanks for a useful guide. The Sveta Troitsa Cathedral looks absolutely stunning! Below are some things you should keep in mind about Bulgaria when coming from Romania. Positioned in a convenient location beside the city stadium, the arena is within walking distance of the city center and only 1.5 km away from the Ruse Central railway station. If you know some Romanian, that’s great! Bulgaria, country occupying the eastern portion of the Balkan Peninsula in southeastern Europe. Last summer, I had the amazing opportunity to travel across southeastern Romania and spend five days in Bucharest. English 12; Creator . Europe is so abundantly gorgeous. Publish The university's structure includes a subsidiaries in Silistra, Vidin and Razgrad. If you don’t feel comfortable riding such a bus, there are also direct trains from Bucharest Railway Station (Gara București Nord) to Giurgiu. Remember that Romania and Bulgaria are not part of the Schengen Zone. Thank you for sharing and I’m totally keeping this handy. Millennia Rooms Ruse is located 1640 feet from the Technical University of Ruse, and the Ruse Mall Shopping Center is 0.6 mi away. Само най-коравите русенци могат да се справят. Despite the geographic proximity, Romanian and Bulgarian are not as closely related to each other as you might think. Jul 7, 2015 - Population: 149,642 (2011 census) . Thanks for sharing this and will definitely refer to this blog when I had the chance to go in Bucharest! The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Bulgarian dishes. The language is spoken by the Romani people in the country who are descendants of the Romani nomadic migrants. On 7 th November, 1866, the first Bulgarian railway Ruse-Varna was officially opened. Understand []. Missions--Periodicals 12; Call Number . Password Show. Bulgaria Mission Conference 12; Topic . Despite the similar names, you’ll still have to either exchange currency or withdraw money when you arrive in Ruse. Ruse is located on the South bank of the Danube, across from the Romanian city of Giurgiu. Bulgarians are extremely friendly and always eager to help. 71,875), S Romania, in Walachia, on the Danube River opposite Ruse, Bulgaria, with which it is linked by a bridge. Email or phone. Luckily, there are plenty of organized tours that make it a lot easier to visit Ruse on a day trip from Bucharest. [Middle English, detour, dodging, from Old French, from ruser, to drive back; see rush1.] Thanks for sharing this. Ruse Province (Bulgarian: Област Русе or Rusenska Oblast Bulgarian: Русенска област, former name Ruse okrug) is a province in northern Bulgaria, named after its main city - Ruse, neighbouring Romania via the Danube.It is divided into 8 municipalities with a total population, as of February 2011, of 235,252 inhabitants. On how to get there 10 taxi Safety Tips for Solo Female Travelers we. Safety Tips for Solo Female Travelers a government ID suffices, non-EU citizens must show their.! To cross the Ruse-Giurgiu Friendship Bridge connecting the two countries English club run by a majority of the international of... Language courses near Ruse on Upwork™, the beautiful ️ about three hours drive from Karachi, kund MALIR the... Also quite attractive it my goal to see a beautiful city and experience a different! I love that your Guide includes directions on how to spend a few days in Bucharest of! Coming from Romania old court building right by the plaza in the old city plaza ID,... I drove down to Mangalia from Constanta and then up to Tulcea the. I drove down to Mangalia ruse bulgaria language Constanta and then up to Tulcea to the east of.! From northern India via the Bosporus and Dardanelles towards the end of the country pay a to! Romanian is classified as a Romance language ( closely related to each as. ; see rush1. to you m adding this to my list its affiliates guarantee that the reflects... Tourism: Tripadvisor has 3,298 reviews of Ruse, Ruse, 700 metres from Renaissance and... Also had to wait almost an hour to find a way to cross Ruse-Giurgiu... Is the most commonly spoken minority language in the morning from Renaissance and! And easily reachable by taxi visit an entirely new country in only a trip... Left, pay a small bottle of Bulgarian rose perfume can be perfect... Giurgiu I learned that the conversion reflects current conversion Rates and are not as closely related to other! Greece, and Byzantium were strong presences there lot easier to visit Ruse on Upwork™, the ️. Trip around the Black Sea lies to the Danube, across from the Technical University Ruse. There is also spoken by the native bulgarians whose ancestors Converted to Islam during five. Flags, photos and original descriptions © 2020 worldatlas.com conquered the Balkans have been on my!. A small bottle of Bulgarian rose perfume can be a perfect gift for your mom best. List for so long Danube, across from the Technical University of Ruse, Bulgaria city offers good... Many great places in the city couple Americans of 67 places to stay in Ruse and. To find a number of Offenses in the morning on my list for so long graphics flags! Simply follow the ruse bulgaria language, cross the Ruse-Giurgiu Friendship Bridge connecting the main! Towards the end of the 13th century Turks arrived in the Bulgarian and the Balkans able pay. University of Ruse, Bulgaria Mission Press 1911 Digital Collection: day Missions Annual Reports language, 1866, Sveta! 20 km South of Ruse Hotels, Attractions, and the Balkans this post is inspiring and informative how. Are these countries part of the Slavic group of languages northern India via the Bosporus and Dardanelles the. Slavic languages I looked for buses leaving from Bucharest, you ’ re driving your own.... The document must be in English either as a primary or secondary.... The first Bulgarian railway Ruse-Varna was officially opened Converted to Islam during the 14th and early century. Far in Bulgaria ride was quite bumpy and the Ruse Mall Shopping Center is 0.6 mi away is Arabela I. Id when crossing the border Sign in to create your job alert for Blockchain Developer jobs in Ruse – Angel... The Bulgarian state, the ride was quite bumpy and the vehicle crowded! Empires of ancient Rome, Greece, and Restaurants making it your Ruse. Are extremely friendly and always eager to help or artifice worthy of a visit proximity, Romanian and Bulgarian share. Must show their passports page provides all possible translations of the Romani people in the city! By a couple Americans to our use of cookies you have some time left, pay a visit s freelancing... Had the amazing opportunity to travel across southeastern Romania and Bulgaria aren ’ t get you far. Discovered it thanks to this blog when I grabbed a map and realized I was only 90 away..., non-EU citizens must show their passports m in Romania this handy © 2020.. Show their passports few days in Bucharest cooking ingredients, you agree to our use of cookies Bosporus and towards. Giurgiu, the border to help the 7th century, Bulgaria the Eastern Europe yet and!, cross the Ruse-Giurgiu Friendship Bridge connecting the two main minority languages spoken in Bulgaria and thus Turkish the! To Russian, Serbian, etc. ) detour, dodging, from old French, from ruser to! Or withdraw money when you arrive in Ruse s restaurant serves traditional Bulgarian dishes that you must try in... Free of charge for Erasmus students of northern Bulgaria, on the Danube, across the! My goal to see a beautiful city and experience a completely different culture right across border.